Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A friend at work recommended this recipe to us from a BH&G book of crock-pot recipes. It only has five ingredients! Very simple to make, and delicious. We used chicken breasts with rib meat and served it over rice.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken drumsticks, skinned
- 1 teaspoon herb-pepper seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) canpitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with herb-pepper seasoning.
- Place chicken in 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker.
- In a mixing bowl combine cherries, chili sauce and brown sugar.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover, cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter. Skim fat from sauce. Spoon some sauce over chicken, pass remaining sauce.
Delicious! Sweet and interesting. I didn't drain the cherries, thickened the sauce with cornstarch and served it over buttered noodles. A filling but not too heavy meal.