Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 30 mins
I haven't tried this Native American recipe, but it looks very tasty and simple. Good for a cold afternoon? Enjoy!
- 1 lb short rib of beef
- 2 quarts water
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped in large chunks
- 1 large sweet bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large turnip, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup potato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄4 cup celery, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Put meat in a large soup kettle and cover with water until it is about 1 inch higher than the meat.
- Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove meat, let cool.
- Discard bones, returning meat to pot.
- Put in all vegetables, cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Sounds yummy....however this dish is not