Recipe by Sharon123
I got this recipe from Newman's Own Cookbook. A nice twist.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
This is a fantastic sauce. The flavors are a perfect match for each other. I'm not a big lover of orange in my sauces, but it is absolutely delicious with the combination of the curry powder and all the rest of the ingredients. I will definitely keep this recipe handy. Made for PRMR, May, 2014.
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon red curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and add 1/2 cup water.
- Cook over medium heat for 15 mins.
- Let cool.
- Place your steaks (up to 6) in a large shallow pan in 1 layer.
- Add 2 cups steak sauce and marinate for 30 mins.
- at room temp.
- Turn and marinate for 30 mins.
- Grill, broil, or panfry steaks to desired doneness.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.