Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I've had this recipe for well over a decade and every time I bake it I think..MMMM, Wonderful!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups huckleberries or 2 cups blueberries
- Cream eggs, butter, and sugar together.
- Add flour, milk, and vanilla.
- Sprinkle flour on berries to prevent them from going to the bottom.
- Add berries to mixture.
- Put in baking pan and bake just over 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until done.
This is absolutely wonderful!!! I have made it many times, often when I need a cake for a potluck or school event....I use one tub of blueberries (which is 6 ounces as available here) and that seems to be just right. I also use 2 eggs. There's never any left! thank you
Would use 1 c huckleberries instead of 2. Took almost 80 minutes to cook at 350; may increase oven temp next time. Flavor was good.