Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
By Kerry. Found on 30 day Gourmet
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 lbs bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup green pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup concord grape juice or 1⁄4 cup sweet vermouth
- 8 ounces cranberry sauce, whole canned
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Assembly Directions:.
- Skin chicken and brown in oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. To the pan, add optional green pepper, garlic, and onion. Cook until tender. Add vermouth or grape juice and cranberry sauces, salt and pepper. Place chicken back into pan and simmer on low 25 to 30 minutes until thickest pieces of chicken slashed to the bone are done and meat juices run clear. When chicken is thoroughly cooked, remove from heat and cool thoroughly.
- To freeze:.
- When cool, place chicken and sauce in a labeled large freezer bag or suitable freezer container, seal and freeze.
- To Serve:.
- Thaw thoroughly then reheat in a covered pan on stove over medium low heat, in a 350¦ oven for 45 minutes or until hot, or in the microwave at 80 % power for 20 to 30 minutes until hot throughout. NOTE: The length of reheating time will vary greatly depending on how deep or shallow the covered pan is.