Recipe by **Mandy**
Found in delicious mag, I just love the sound of this, great for vegetarians too!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 400 g chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup dry whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 -2 tablespoon besan flour, to thicken (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chermoula, spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil & cook onion & garlic over low heat for 5 mins or until golden.
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor and process until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add the egg & breadcrumbs and season with pepper, then add the onion mixture & process for a few seconds or until the ingredients are just combined, adding the besan flour if needed.
- Form the mixture into 8 burgers. Mix the chermoula with 2 tablespoons water and brush the burgers generously with the mixture, allow to marinate for approx 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil and cook burgers over a medium heat for 4-5 mins each side until browned.
- Serve with lettuce, pita bread, hommus & tabbouleh.