Recipe by Pietro
A tasty chicken recipe with a delicious sauce. Easy to prepare and can be served on a bed of couscous.
- 1⁄2 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 500 g chicken tenderloins
- 1 large kumara
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- couscous, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the marinade, place herbs, garlic, spices, salt, lemon juice and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Process until a rough paste forms.
- Place chicken tenderloins in a large bowl with 3/4 of the marinade and turn to coat.
- Heat the chargrill plate of a barbecue to a medium high heat. Brush plate with oil. Place kumara slices on chargrill plate and cook 5 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, drain excess marinade off chicken and cook 2-3 minutes on same chargrill plate, until cooked through.
- Mix remaining marinade with yogurt, lemon juice and mint and season with salt to taste.
- Serve chicken tenderloins with kumara slices. Drizzle with yogurt and mint sauce.
- For a more filling meal, you could serve couscous with the chicken and kumara.