Recipe by muncheechee
From Linda's Low Carb Recipes (http://www.genaw.com). I'm saving it here to help streamline my recipe collection.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro-Tel tomatoes, undrained (tomatoes with green chilies)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic; drain.
- Add the spices and cook a couple minutes.
- Drop the cream cheese in bits into the meat. With the back of a big spoon, smash it into the meat until no bits of white remain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.