Recipe by bunkie68
I got this recipe from a friend of mine. I thought it was unusual that the recipe didn't call for white sugar, but I figured, hey, I'll give it a shot. Best chocolate chip cookies I've ever eaten - they stay soft for days (if they last that long!). Cooking time indicated is for cooking the entire batch.
Top Review by Dom & Gigi' s Mom
They tasted good, however, they seemed to need more flour. As I was getting ready to put them on the cookie sheet, I double checked the recipe to make sure that I had put in enough. They seemed very soft and they spread out awful. I had one big cookie the size of a cookie sheet. Chilling them didn't really do much for them either.
- 2⁄3 cup margarine or 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients and then blend in the last 4 ingredients.
- Add about 1 1/2-2 c.
- chocolate chips (can use other flavors of chips for variety).
- Mix well and drop by teaspoonfuls on a nonstick cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.