Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Bing bars. A great Christmas candy to make. A good friend of mine gave me this recipe and is now a favorite in my family. Very popular in the mid west, but sometimes hard to find the cherry chips in other locations. May have to ask your grocer to order them in.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) bag cherry chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- Mix sugar, milk, salt, butter, & marshmallows in heavy pan. Cook over med-high heat, stirring frequently. Bring to boil.
- Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add cherry chips & vanilla. Mix well. Ensure chips are melted.
- Pour into greased 9x13 pan, store in refrigerator while you complete the next steps. This will help the cherry mixture to set up.
- Melt chocolate chips & peanut butter over low heat. Add additional chopped nuts. (I like to use the salted Spanish nuts).
- Spread over cherry mixture.
- Let cool & cut into squares.