Recipe by Bizzy-Bee
My friend and co-worker Cherie brought me a sample of this to work. I immediately asked for the recipe. It is delicious - bright and light! It would be great with simply grilled pork or chicken. Yummy!
- 2 cups fresh orange juice, divided
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package couscous (about 1 2/3 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup currants
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 1-1/2 cups orange juice, water, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Place couscous in a large bowl.
- Combine 1/2 cup orange juice, apricots, cranberries or currants, and vinegar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; let stand 15 minutes. Drain and discard cooking liquid.
- Add apricot mixture, cucumber, and remaining ingredients to couscous, tossing to combine.