Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Chickies. The best doughnuts you can find (or make)! Not too much effort, and well worth it! From the 'Out of this Kitchen' cookbook, ethnic foods in the Steel Valley. They are very tasty.
- Mix together first 7 ingredients.
- Beat the remaining ingredients well and add to the mix.
- When the dough is formed, roll it out thin, then cut into squares or triangles (your choice).
- Make a slit through the center from corner to corner and pull one end through (making what looks like a tiny knot).
- Deep fry in hot shortening or oil until lightly browned.
- When they are done and drained on paper towels, sprinkle with powdered (or confectioners) sugar.