Cooking time is actually cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 709.77 ml cooked long grain brown rice, not instant
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 1To prepare crust, combine cooked rice, 1/4 cup sugar, beaten egg whites and cinnamon.
- 2Spray a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick vegetable spray.
- 3Spread the rice mixture evenly over bottom and sides of pan, pressing lightly with fingertips or the back of a spoon to shape into a crust.
- 4Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes; cool to room temperature.
- 5For the filling, put the rhubarb in a saucepan with the zucchini, cherries, sugar, honey and 2 tablespoons orange juice and cinnamon; simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until rhubarb and zucchini are tender; taste for tartness and add more honey or sugar as needed.
- 6Place the remaining 3 tablespoons of orange juice in a bowl and sprinkle the gelatin powder over juice; let soak a few minutes to soften.
- 7Turn the cooked rhubarb mixture into food processor (or use an immersion blender) and puree; return the pureed mixture to the saucepan and bring back to a simmer.
- 8Pour gelatin into the hot puree and stir until the gelatin is completely dissolved, let cool to room temperature and then turn out into the crust.
- 9Chill for several hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cher-rhuba-chini Pie With Brown Rice Crust
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.6
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 29.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 108.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 44.4 g
- Protein 8.8 g