Recipe by 4Susan
Such fun! Make your own volcano at home, the kids just love the eruption. My boys can never get enough. This isn't food, more of a science experiment & a great way to have fun with the family. One time we did this at a birthday party & let each child make their own. The dirt is optional!
Top Review by JESMom
This was totally awesome, it worked great! I forgot to add the dish soap, but didn't realize it until I saw it sitting out on the counter a little later LOL. It was fine without it, I don't think it could have gotten any more bubbly :) Thanks for a great idea!
- 14.79 ml liquid dishwashing soap
- 0.19 ml red food coloring
- 236.59 ml vinegar
- 354.88 ml warm water
- 29.58 ml baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- You will also need 1 empty 25oz. plastic bottle.
- Build a mound of dirt up around the bottle, keeping the top open.
- Combine the soap and food coloring in the bottle.
- Add vinegar and pour in water almost to the top.
- Here's the amazing part! -- In a large spoon blend the baking soda with a little tap water to moisten it and then quickly pour into the bottle.
- The contents will erupt out of the bottle just like a volcano.
- The kids will want to see this more than once so be prepared :).