Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I played wtih the recipe, until I got this one. Depending on how fresh the ingredients depends on how much to use. I have a basic written down. Use this sauce as a base and can it, then add whatever else you'd like.
- 2 teaspoons fire oil, Mongolian (found in the asian section of your grocery store)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 3 leaves fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano (Dried add one more T)
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups tomato sauce (basic)
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup mushroom (sliced thin or diced)
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb hamburger
- 16 ounces tomato sauce (Hunts seasoned)
- You need a crock pot or a dutch oven for the top of your stove for this. Turn it on low.
- Brown the hamburger, you can add seasoning to it if you like. Drain and put into crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients and let simmer for 4 - 5 hours. The flavors slowly mix into each other. Slow cooked sauces are the best.
- You can add zucchini and other vegetables if you like as well.
- Can the sauce for later use or use it that night on your pasta.