Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband sticks to a low carb diet and I am constantly trying to think of new ways to eat chicken breast. Here's my latest creation.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 4 cups Baby Spinach, divided
- 1 cup goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 3 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Combine goat cheese, 2 cups spinach, sun dried tomatoes in food processor.
- Pulse until well combined.
- Spread mixture on one side of flattened chicken breasts.
- Fold breasts in half, leaving cheese filling inside, and sprinkle on italian seasoning.
- Place in skillet, seasoned side down, and cook on Medium until well browned.
- Season exposed side and flip.
- I often use a lid to help the chicken cook, the thinner you pound it the faster it will cook.
- While the chicken finishes cooking, divide the remaining spinach between two plates.
- Add any vegetable garnishes you'd like (we like sweet red and yellow peppers, also delicious with chopped up apples) and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- When chicken has reached 165 degrees in the thickest part, remove from pan.
- Let rest, then slice and plate atop spinach.
I"m always looking for tasty new ways to serve chicken (breasts, mostly), & yours is now in there among those we like very much! Easy enough to make & delicious, too! I'm not usually one for cooked spinach (although my other half loves it), but in this recipe it worked out very nicely! Thanks for a great keeper! [Made & reviewed for the closing of Pick A Chef event]