1/5 Photos of Chelsea Cottage Pie
Something like shepherd's pie but much better
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes till tender and then mash as usual, seasoning with salt and pepper. Add butter and sufficient milk to make it fluffy and nice.
- 2Preheat oven to 200degrees celsius.
- 3Brown meat in a pan and drain it of excess juices. Transfer browned meat to a bowl.
- 4Heat some oil in the pan and fry onions till tranluscent. Add in frozen mixed vegetables and cook till everything has warmed up. Add in salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, canned tomatoes and mix. Add flour in and mix well.
- 5Return lamb or beef to the mix. Simmer, uncovered, for around 25 minutes till the liquid has reduced by half.
- 6Spoon meat filling into casserole dish. Top off with mashed potatoes and use a fork to score patterns on top.
- 7Bake in oven for 20 minutes till potatoes brown nicely. You might want to switch to top grill in the last 7 to 8 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chelsea Cottage Pie
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.2
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 89.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 17.1 g