2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 45 mins
This is a recently adopted recipe. I will be making this and then posting any changes or corrections. Cook time includes rising time, as well as I could guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 3 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 4 cups flour
- 7 tablespoons margarine
- 1To make yeast dough, stir a pinch of sugar into warm milk and sprinkle with yeast.
- 2Let stand for 5 min until foamy.
- 3Stir gently.
- 4Sift flour and remaining sugar into a bowl.
- 5Melt margarine and beat into mixture.
- 6Pour everything together, making the dough.
- 7On a floured surface, knead lightly.
- 8Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- 9To make filling: Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- 10Roll out dough and brush with butter then spread with filling.
- 11Roll up strips of dough into a flan tin.
- 12Curve remaining strips around to form a spiral.
- 13Let rise for 15 minutes. Bake at 425° for 35 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chelsea Cake
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.8
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 43.1 mg
- Sodium 180.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 33.4 g
- Protein 10.1 g