1/3 Photos of Chelsea Butter Bun
Mrs. Danger_horse's Note:
A scone-type (biscuit) swirl with chopped dried fruit and nuts... easy to make and gets rave reviews everywhere I take it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 90 g butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 60 g butter, extra
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup mixed chopped dried fruit (apricots, glace cherries, almonds, glace ginger, sultanas, currants, etc) or 1/2 cup nuts (apricots, glace cherries, almonds, glace ginger, sultanas, currants, etc)
- milk, for glazing
- 1Preheat oven to 190'c, grease ovenproof dish.
- 2Sift flour and spice, rub in butter.
- 3Mix to a soft scone (biscuit) type dough with beaten egg and milk.
- 4Roll out onto a floured board, about 7mm (1/4 inch) thick.
- 5Cream very soft extra butter and brown sugar.Spread over scone dough, then sprinkle with mixed chopped nuts and fruit.
- 6Roll up tightly and slice into 12 equal pieces.
- 7Place in baking dish cut side up, and glaze lightly with milk.
- 8Bake in oven for 30-40 minutes, until lightly browned and cooked through.
- 9Serve warm, split, with butter.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chelsea Butter Bun
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 444.4
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.2 mg
- Sodium 206.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: