Recipe by Shar Cooks
Soft, sweet raisin rolls drizzled with icing. I got this from my bread machine recipe book. Much easier to make than it sounds, especially since the machine does all the work for you. DON'T LET THE PREP TIME SCARE YOU... THIS INCLUDES ALL THE BREAD MACHINE TIME PLUS THE RESTING TIME. YOU ONLY WORK ON THIS FOR ABOUT 15 MINS.
Top Review by Catherine Robson
I made this in my bread machine for the kids this weekend. It was a lovely soft dough and easy to work with. The kids really enjoyed this. Also as a side note so it does not miss the shopping list, could I suggest that you add the remaining ingredients (sugar, cinnamon & butter)to the main list. Thank you for sharing
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all the ingredients into your bread machine and select the Dough Program. Add the raisins before the end of the last kneading, when your machine beeps. (If it doesn't offer you this option, add them when you roll out the dough).
- Place the prepared dough onto a lightly floured surface and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- Mix up 1/3 cup soft brown sugar, 2 tsp cinnamon and 2 tbs soft butter into a paste. Spread this onto the dough.
- Roll the dough up lengthwise, like a jelly-roll / Swiss roll.
- Slice into 1 inch thick rounds. Place these into a lightly greased deep sided baking tray (a roasting tray is good) Cover with a clean cloth and place into a warm, draft-free spot to rise for an hour.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove and while cooling drizzle with a paste of Icing sugar and water. No quantities for this - just use icing sugar and add teaspoons of hot water at a time. Mix until smooth and not too runny.