Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Started with the Classic Knorr recipe, but made it my own. The cayenne makes it very spicy and delicious. Chopping the spinach finer in the food processor makes it unique.
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach (chopped or leaf)
- 1 (16 ounce) package sour cream
- 3 green onions
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (6 ounce) box dry vegetable soup mix
- cayenne pepper (to taste)
- thaw spinach on counter or in microwave.
- Thoroughly wring out the moisture from the spinach by squeezing it in a tea towel.
- chop up the spinach in the food processor and place in mixing bowl.
- drain and chop up the water chestnuts in the food processor.
- cut the green onions in small chunks and run through the food processor
- mix it all together with the sour cream and the soup mix.
- mix in cayenne pepper to your level of hotness.
- chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Very addictive! I love this dip, and the added kick of the cayenne pepper really made a difference in flavor. Super easy to make, so I'll be making this one over and over. Thanks for sharing.