1/3 Photos of Chele D's Shrimp Creole
1 hr 15 mins
Chele D's Note:
I found several recipes on Zaar for Shrimp Creole, but none of them was what I was looking for. I just came up with my own twist and it was inhaled by all--even the kids.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb shrimp (shelled, deveined tails removed, any size you like)
- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or I like a fine grater or microplane or press)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (14 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 dashes hot sauce (adjust to your heat level)
- Worcestershire sauce (3-5 dashes)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon (I use Knorr and it makes 2c of broth, check your package and use 2 if yours only makes 1 cup)
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1In a deep skillet or dutch oven, Brown onion and bell pepper in bacon grease over med head for about 10 minutes.
- 2add garlic and saute another couple of minutes, you don't want to brown the garlic.
- 3add everything else to the pan, except for the shrimp.
- 4Simmer for 30 minutes or so, until flavors meld.
- 5Add shrimp and simmer for about 10 more minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- 6Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Creole Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chele D's Shrimp Creole
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 149.0 mg
- Sodium 1261.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 9.9 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: