Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are served in Cambodia's trendy restaurants, served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate syrup, if desired.
- 1 banana, peeled and cut half lengthwise and each half cut into 6 pieces
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 spring roll wrappers, cut in half to make 12 pieces
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, mix banana pieces with sugar and vanilla.
- Wrap each banana piece in half a spring roll wrapper. Dip fingertip into water and seal ends. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan. When hot drop wrapped banana pieces in and deep fry until golden brown. Remove from oil with slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Place a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the center of dessert plate. Surround it with 6 fried banana pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Mikekey, these things are soooo dern good! I had egg roll wrappers, so I cut them down the middle and kinda made little envelopes out of the banana encased wrapper. After they were cooked, the vanilla sugar turns to syrup and these things are TDF! I over indulged, but wouldn't give up a BITE! Thanks for this tasty treat, Mikekey! :D