Recipe by Derf
By request, from Georgian Bay Gourmet.
Top Review by Sharlene~W
My 4 kids who are still at home LOVE rice pudding, so I thought they would scarf up this large batch in no time. No nutmeg? No cinnamon? Way to many raisins. Bland. Have found other rice pudding recipes on this site I like better.
- 2 1⁄2 cups long grain rice
- 3 quarts half-and-half cream
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Scald cream.
- Combine eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
- Place rice and raisins in oven proof casserole, add cream and egg mixture.
- Place casserole in a pan of hot water and bake'til custard is partially set, (approaximately 30 minutes).
- Remove from oven.
- Stir and set aside to cool.