Recipe by wyomugs
I first tasted this soup at a restaurant on vacation in Oregon. I LOVED it so much, I BEGGED the chef for the recipe, and to my great surprise, he GAVE it to me! It has been a favorite in the family since. SO simple, really, but SO GOOD!
- 12 cups diced tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups water (see directions below)
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- If you are using canned tomatoes, drain the juices into a measuring cup and add enough water to the juices to make 3 cups of liquid.
- In large pot, saute the garlic in the olive oil to sweat them. DO NOT overcook and BURN the garlic!
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boil and then turn down to simmer 10 minutes Serve.