Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Southern Living 1986 Annual Recipes Cookbook.
Make and share this Chef's Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 5 cups mixed romaine lettuce or 5 cups green leaf lettuce or 5 cups iceberg lettuce, torn
- 4 slices swiss cheese, cut into julienne strips
- 4 slices ham, cut into julienne strips
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup diced green onion
- 4 pita bread rounds, halved (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup ranch salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup thousand island dressing
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Serve as is, or spoon mixture into pita bread halves.
- Serve with dressing. Serve immediately.
A very nice salad, although my family found it rather plain. Maybe next time I will change the cheese to give it a lil' more "uumph".Thanks for sharing! Made for Bargain Basement Tag.