Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found on www.chefscatalog.com. DH adores this meatloaf. Since I seldom have fresh herbs on hand, I used 2 tablespoons of the squeeze Italian herbs from a tube instead of dried herbs.
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup mixed herbs, chopped (such as parsley, basil, oregano and thyme)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces ground pork
- 8 ounces ground veal
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the breadcrumbs and milk; set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the herbs, eggs, mustard, Worcestershire, salt, paprika, black pepper, cayenne pepper and the breadcrumb/milk mixture.
- Add the ground beef, pork and veal and gently combine all the ingredients, taking care to not overwork the meat.
- Transfer the mixture to a meatloaf or loaf pan.
- Spread the ketchup over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat loaf registers 160 F, about 60 to 70 minutes.
I thought this was a wonderful recipe, this is the first time my husband has asked for seconds. I would change a few things, I would add more breadcrumbs, and the mixed herbs I would use 1/4 teaspoon of each. I would also spray the pan with pam.