Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from Copy Kat Chat message board.
- 2 lbs red potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 16 ounces sour cream (1 container)
- 1 ounce French onion soup (Lipton's)
- cheddar cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 lb bacon, chopped
- Mix mashed potatoes, sour cream, onion soup mix, butter and milk until creamy and fluffy to your taste. You will probably need some cracked black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Bottom layer is potatoes, top with cheese and cooked crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 20 minutes until crusty on sides and bubbly.
- Note: She also mentions that if you do it in smaller individual size baking dishes it needs less time but more of the cheese crunch crust all over.