Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Another recipe from Isaac Hayes's cookbook called "Cooking with Heart and Soul," finds a place in my cookbook and on my table. See how ginger finds a home in this recipe, as well as red onions. Great recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) package penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup soymilk or 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup spinach leaves, cleaned
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the penne according to package directions, or until al dente. Drain in a colander and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and saute about 3 minutes.
- Add the soy milk and heat to boiling, stirring.
- Add the pasta, spinach leaves, and pepper and toss to coat.
- Add the salmon to the pasta mixture and pull it apart into thin pieces using 2 forks.
- Serve sprinkled with the parsley and Parmesan cheese.