Recipe by Chef Tracey
I made this recipe after my family requested something a little more eccentric with a homemade dinner. Recommended as a fast, delicious as well. also It has been a very big hit with family and friends and I would like to know what you think because it is going to be served in my restaurant after positive feedback from others.
Top Review by Mustang Sally 54269
Very tasty recipe. We did change a few things to suit our preference. We don't like real creamy/goopy dishes so I sub'd 1/2 yogurt & 1/2 canned tomatoes for the cream. I was serving this as a side dish so I didn't add the chicken & therefore cut back the cheeses by 1 oz each. The consistancy was perfect for us and we loved the flavours, thanks for sharing.
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces dries rigatoni pasta
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bit size pieces)
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 ounces soft fresh goat cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese (cut-up and softened)
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine whipping cream,rosemary, the 1 teaspoon kosher salt and the 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Bring to boiling: reduce the heat.
- Boil gently, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes or unil the mixture is reduced to 1 1/3 cups, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain: Keep pasta warm.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika, the 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and the 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir the cooked pasta, chicken, cheese and tomatoes into the whipping cream mixture.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated throughout.
- Serve immediately.