Recipe by Normaone
Chef Todd's real name is Todd Fischer. He is a columnist in the Monterey Herald Newspaper and a chef de cuisine at Sticks at the Inn at Spanish Bay. This recipe was posted in the Monterey Herald 6-01-2011
- 2 tablespoons beef stock (see note)
- 6 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 pickled garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 3 ounces vodka
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake hard with a glass full of ice and serve in a pint glass rimmed with kosher salt and garnished with a stuffed olive, pepperocini, pickled onion and a kosher pickle spear.
- Note: Veal Demi Glace or a mixture of a beef bouillon cube dissolved in water can be substituted for the beef stock.
- Also, the horseradish specified in the recipe was Beaver Atomic Horseradish. I was unable to include the name in the list of ingredients.