1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 20 mins
It's magically delicious. I needed a little bit more breadcrumbs. Think it goes really well with turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 375.
- 2Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- 3Place in baking dish with 1 / 2 inch of hot water with the cut side of the squash down.
- 4Bake 50 minutes, until tender.
- 5Cool slightly.
- 6While the squash is cooling, melt butter and sauté onions until golden. Set aside.
- 7Scrape out squash, leaving a shell. Be careful, the skin of the squash is delicate.
- 8Puree squash in food processor. (I skipped this step and just beat everything together in my KitchenAid mixer.).
- 9Add onion w/butter to squash with sour cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- 10Blend in enough breadcrumbs to make a firm mixture.
- 11Spoon into shells, using only six of the original shells.
- 12Sprinkle with additional breadcrumbs.
- 13Bake in a buttered pan for 30 minutes, until very hot.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Tell's Stuffed Acorn Squash
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.7 mg
- Sodium 142.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g