Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
It's magically delicious. I needed a little bit more breadcrumbs. Think it goes really well with turkey.
- 4 acorn squash
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 375.
- Cut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Place in baking dish with 1 / 2 inch of hot water with the cut side of the squash down.
- Bake 50 minutes, until tender.
- Cool slightly.
- While the squash is cooling, melt butter and sauté onions until golden. Set aside.
- Scrape out squash, leaving a shell. Be careful, the skin of the squash is delicate.
- Puree squash in food processor. (I skipped this step and just beat everything together in my KitchenAid mixer.).
- Add onion w/butter to squash with sour cream, brown sugar, cinnamon, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Blend in enough breadcrumbs to make a firm mixture.
- Spoon into shells, using only six of the original shells.
- Sprinkle with additional breadcrumbs.
- Bake in a buttered pan for 30 minutes, until very hot.