Recipe by Karen in MA
Chef Tell demonstrated this on Live with Regis & Kelly on Aug. 10, 2007 3 jalapenos may be substituted for the scotch bonnet pepper if desired.
- 3 lbs chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- olive oil, for rubbing on chicken
Jerk Spice Rub (use 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, cut in small pieces
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lime, zest of, grind (rind)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in Food processor and mix thoroughly.
- Rub the chicken with oil then sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Next, generously coat chicken with Jerk Spice and grill until done (approx. 45 minutes to an hour).
- Serve over Cayman Style Chow-Chow.