Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Per Wine Enthusiast Magazine, "If you thought there was no way to make a better garlic bread for your next barbecue, try this, from Chef Rick Manson of Chef Rick’s in Santa Barbara (chefricks.com). It lifts this already delicious pain grillé into the stratosphere, a food group of its own. For a local twist, dip it into a mixture of salsa and pinquito beans."
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons Chinese chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 16 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 cups minced green onions
- 2 cups cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, 14-16 inches
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a small saucepan, place the butter, chili sauce, pepper and garlic. Melt the butter over low heat until it bubbles around the edges of the pan. Remove from heat and stir in the green onion and cilantro.
- Split the bread in half lengthwise. Spoon half of the butter mixture onto each half loaf. Top each half with the parmesan.
- Toast the bread on a grill or in the broiler until golden. Cut into slices and serve.