1/1 Photo of Chef Paul's Pork Roast
4 hrs 20 mins
Pork roast stuffed with veggies, from Paul Prudhomme's website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, Meat Magic brand preferred
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (4 lb) boneless pork roast (shoulder, Boston butt, or loin)
- 1Heat the butter and oil in a skillet over high heat.
- 2Add the onions.
- 3Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are just beginning to brown on the edges, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the celery and bell peppers.
- 5Cook, stirring frequently, until the celery and peppers are softened, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add the garlic and stir well.
- 7Add the seasoning and cook until it darkens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 8Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 9Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- 10Place the roast in a baking pan, fat side up.
- 11Make several slits in the meat with a knife, to form pockets, being careful not to cut through to the bottom. If you make the slits lengthwise, every slice will have some of the stuffing in it.
- 12Stuff the pockets generously with some of the vegetable mixture.
- 13Spread the remaining vegetable mixture over the top of the roast and rub a little on the sides.
- 14Roast uncovered at 275°F until meat is tender, about 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Paul's Pork Roast
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 710.8
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 270.0 mg
- Sodium 177.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 86.5 g