Pork roast stuffed with veggies, from Paul Prudhomme's website.
Make and share this Chef Paul's Pork Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons cajun seasoning, Meat Magic brand preferred
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (4 lb) boneless pork roast (shoulder, Boston butt, or loin)
- Heat the butter and oil in a skillet over high heat.
- Add the onions.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are just beginning to brown on the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Add the celery and bell peppers.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the celery and peppers are softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir well.
- Add the seasoning and cook until it darkens slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Place the roast in a baking pan, fat side up.
- Make several slits in the meat with a knife, to form pockets, being careful not to cut through to the bottom. If you make the slits lengthwise, every slice will have some of the stuffing in it.
- Stuff the pockets generously with some of the vegetable mixture.
- Spread the remaining vegetable mixture over the top of the roast and rub a little on the sides.
- Roast uncovered at 275°F until meat is tender, about 4 hours.
I joined this site just to review this recipe, it was that good. So easy, amazingly delicious, and I will be preparing ALL of my pork roasts like this from now on. Managed to snap a picture before it was all gobbled up...the only bad thing about this recipe is there won't be a lot left over for next day. : ) __Just one thing: ___I found cooking the roast for 4 hours at 275 as per the recipe made the meat dry, and next time around cooked it at 350 for 90 minutes to perfect doneness.