Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is absolutely the best carrot cake..I usually ice this with a cream cheese frosting
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil
- 2 cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F and prepare 2 x 9 inch round cake pans by spraying with non-stick cooking spray and lining bottom of pan with Parchment paper.
- • Beat the eggs, oil and sugar at high speed until light and fluffy.
- • sift the flour, baking soda, spices and salt together on to a piece of parchment or wax paper.
- • add the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and mix on low speed until almost incorporated.
- • add the carrot and walnuts and mix at low speed just until smooth.
- • Divide batter evenly into pans evenly and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean.
- • cool in pan for 15 minutes then turn out onto rack and cool completely.