Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad was prepared for a birthday dinner party for 25 people so you will need to reduce it accordingly for your party. It is romantic and wonderful. Give it a try!
- 1 3⁄4 cups red raspberries (fresh or frozen, if you use frozen be sure they are thawed)
- 1 3⁄4 cups extra virgin olive oil or 3⁄4 cup salad oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons dekuypers raspberry liqueur
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard (optional)
- 8 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup raspberry vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 cup superfine sugar
- 2 cups lettuce leaves
- 2 cups radicchio
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mandarin orange sections
- 1 large red onion (Sliced)
- 3 lbs cherry tomatoes
- In a blender or food processor, combine red raspberries, oil, lemon juice, dry mustard, honey, salt, sugar, pepper, garlic, and apple cider vinegar and liquor. Cover and blend until smooth. Use a sieve to strain dressing; discard seeds, Return to blender and stream in EV olive or salad oil and blend till smooth, adjust seasonings. Cover and chill dressing until serving time. Reserve any remaining vinaigrette for another use.
- In a bowl combine leaf lettuce, radicchio, Red leaf lettuce, Romaine lettuce, and sliced red onions. Toss lightly to mix. Cover and chill up to 2 hours, add tomatoes and Garnish with Mandarin Orange slices and Chopped Pecans.