1/2 Photos of Chef Lin's Coconut Shrimp
This is a wonderful sweet and creamy shrimp dish. It makes a great appetizer for a seafood dinner of steamed crab legs and lobster. I (Bird) created this recipe (that I was Inspired by) from a buffet item at Chef Lin's Chinese Buffet in Chattanooga, TN. At Chef Lin's I would grab this up by the bowlful. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a frying pan or wok over medium-high heat. Saute the shrimp for 2-3 minutes.
- 2Add green onion and CAREFULLY add the amaretto. Cook 1-2 minutes more until shrimp begins to caramelize.
- 3Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside. Add heavy cream, coconut milk, and sugar to the pan. Simmer on medium, stirring occasionally, until it begins to thicken and is reduced by half (about 5-8 minutes).
- 4Add shrimp back into pan along with the coconut and vanilla extracts. Simmer 1-2 more minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Lin's Coconut Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.6
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 192.9 mg
- Sodium 192.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 24.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: