Recipe by Chef Jon Wm.
This soup is a great crowd pleaser on a cold winter day. Easy to fix when you need to feed a crowd. Serve with warm garlic bread. Umm, Umm, Good
Top Review by MimiKooks
Mmmmm good - and filling -- dinner in a bowl! Used a grocery store roasted chicken. Also used a very good quality chicken base. I don't care for a lot of herbs in my soups, so I added just the basil and the red pepper flakes. Put the chicken in just before serving, so it wouldn't get stringy. Served with a couple of shavings of fresh parmesan. The family loved it!!!
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 2839.08 ml water
- 59.16 ml chicken base
- 946.36 ml diced roasted chicken meat
- 3 (1233.20 g) can diced tomatoes
- 3 (1233.20 g) can white beans (cannellini or other)
- 354.88 ml shell pasta
- 14.79 ml rosemary
- 2129.31 ml Baby Spinach, cleaned and trimmed
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- 7.39 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large sauce pan, sautee the shallots & garlic in the olive oil.
- Add water,chicken base, tomatoes, beans, diced chicken, rosemary, basil and oregano to pot. Season with black and red pepper. Bring to boil.
- Add pasta and cook 12 minutes. If the soup seems too thick for your liking add more water.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Serve topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.