Prep 12 mins
Cook 30 mins
This soup is a great crowd pleaser on a cold winter day. Easy to fix when you need to feed a crowd. Serve with warm garlic bread. Umm, Umm, Good
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 3 shallots, finely diced
- 12 cups water
- 4 tablespoons chicken base
- 4 cups diced roasted chicken meat
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans white beans (cannellini or other)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 9 cups Baby Spinach, cleaned and trimmed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large sauce pan, sautee the shallots & garlic in the olive oil.
- Add water,chicken base, tomatoes, beans, diced chicken, rosemary, basil and oregano to pot. Season with black and red pepper. Bring to boil.
- Add pasta and cook 12 minutes. If the soup seems too thick for your liking add more water.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Serve topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Mmmmm good - and filling -- dinner in a bowl! Used a grocery store roasted chicken. Also used a very good quality chicken base. I don't care for a lot of herbs in my soups, so I added just the basil and the red pepper flakes. Put the chicken in just before serving, so it wouldn't get stringy. Served with a couple of shavings of fresh parmesan. The family loved it!!!