1/1 Photo of Chef Joey's Young Coconut Smoothie
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I love the milk and flesh from young coconuts and its much sweeter then old coconuts. I buy mine in our local Asian market. This drink is delicious anytime, but I prefer it in the morning as a pick me up. The raw cacao nibs in this drink give it a nice kick without the crash other chocolate drinks give you. You can use other types of berries besides Strawberries in this recipe. And, you could also substitute all or some of the non-dairy milk with pineapple or apricot juice to give it a tropical kick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grind up the cacao nibs in a coffee mill until it resembles coco powder. Set aside.
- 2Clean the berries and set aside.
- 3With a hammer and pointed screw driver make three holes in the top of the two young coconuts. Drain the milk out into a large measuring cup through a sieve.
- 4Cut the two young coconuts in half. My hubby uses his table saw and it works very nicely for this.
- 5Rinse the coconut insides to remove any of the outer shell that might have coated the coconut flesh.
- 6Scrape out all the flesh, get every bit as it's so delicious.
- 7Put the flesh and the coconut milk into a blender and process until well combined.
- 8Put the coconut mixture through the sieve again to remove the little pieces of shell. Put the coconut mixture into a container and set aside.
- 9Clean out the blender cup and lid and put the coconut milk/flesh mixture back into it. Add the one cup coconut milk or non-dairy milk, the banana, the ground cacao, vanilla, cinnamon and berries.
- 10Process until smooth and creamy.
- 11Drink ASAP!
- 12Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Smoothies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Smoothies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Joey's Young Coconut Smoothie
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.9
- Calories from Fat 620
- Total Fat 68.9 g
- Saturated Fat 60.3 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 70.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.4 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: