1/1 Photo of Chef Joey's Yeast Free Vegan Pizza Pie
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I enjoy using this recipe because I love pizza but can't eat dairy and what would a pizza be without cheese! So it was a blessing to be able to eat this dish without worrying about my cholesterol hitting the roof. The crust is lightly crunchy and very tasty. I like to cover my pizza with organic veggies and vegan cheeses.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400'F.
- 2Put the flours, salt and baking powder into the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined.
- 3Mix the olive oil and water together and pour through the feeding tub of the food processor.
- 4Process for a minute or so and then check your dough. It should be somewhat sticky.
- 5Let it sit in a bowl with a damp cloth over it while you prepare your toppings.
- 6For my pizza I like to use chopped onions, garlic, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, sweet bell pepper and vegan cheeses.
- 7Of course this is a personal choice. Just remember not to over load the pizza with toppings and sauce. Moderation is best for even baking.
- 8Once you are done cutting up toppings put the pizza crust onto an oiled 12" pizza pan and bake it in the preheated 400'F oven for 12-15 minutes.
- 9In the meantime, cook the onion and pepper for a few minutes, then add the garlic and mushrooms until just done.
- 10When the pizza crust finishes take it out of the oven then top it with the pizza sauce and cover it with toppings and then the cheese. I use Vegan Jack Cheese and Powdered Vegan Parmesan. You can also add Soy Pepperoni if you wish.
- 11I put the pizza back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes so the cheese melts and the crust gets a nice light golden colour.
- 12Bon Apetit!
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Joey's Yeast Free Vegan Pizza Pie
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 139.5
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 984.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
wheat bread flour