Prep 25 mins
Cook 24 mins
I enjoy using this recipe because I love pizza but can't eat dairy and what would a pizza be without cheese! So it was a blessing to be able to eat this dish without worrying about my cholesterol hitting the roof. The crust is lightly crunchy and very tasty. I like to cover my pizza with organic veggies and vegan cheeses.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat bread flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup water (filtered)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 400'F.
- Put the flours, salt and baking powder into the bowl of a food processor and process until well combined.
- Mix the olive oil and water together and pour through the feeding tub of the food processor.
- Process for a minute or so and then check your dough. It should be somewhat sticky.
- Let it sit in a bowl with a damp cloth over it while you prepare your toppings.
- For my pizza I like to use chopped onions, garlic, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, sweet bell pepper and vegan cheeses.
- Of course this is a personal choice. Just remember not to over load the pizza with toppings and sauce. Moderation is best for even baking.
- Once you are done cutting up toppings put the pizza crust onto an oiled 12" pizza pan and bake it in the preheated 400'F oven for 12-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the onion and pepper for a few minutes, then add the garlic and mushrooms until just done.
- When the pizza crust finishes take it out of the oven then top it with the pizza sauce and cover it with toppings and then the cheese. I use Vegan Jack Cheese and Powdered Vegan Parmesan. You can also add Soy Pepperoni if you wish.
- I put the pizza back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes so the cheese melts and the crust gets a nice light golden colour.
- Bon Apetit!