Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made this tonight and have to say it was one of the most delicious crusts I've ever made. It was light and fluffy. Best of all it's totally Vegan. I used a 12" non-stick pizza pan but a 15" pan would work too.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed Italian herbs (or herbs of choice)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder (aluminum free)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain soy yogurt (soy)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In the bowl of a food processor add the spelt, whole wheat, corn flours, sugar, herbs, baking powder and baking soda.
- Process these dry ingredients well, making sure all the ingredients are combined.
- Using a whisk, in a different bowl mix the yogurt and oil well. Add it through the feeding tube of the food processor until the dough forms a ball.
- The dough will be sticky. Turn out onto a well floured surface and knead for a few minutes until the dough is less sticky and easy to handle.
- Don't add too much more flour however, you don't want the dough to be tough.
- Put the dough into a bowl to rest and cover with a damp cloth for about 25 minutes.
- Oil the pizza pan with a little olive oil.
- In the meantime prepare your toppings.
- When the 25 minutes have passed press the dough onto the pizza pan.
- Add the toppings and bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes. The edges of the dough should have risen and be a medium golden brown shade.
- Bon Appetit!