Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I discovered a very interesting product at Wild Oats a while ago. It's called Montina Pure Baking Supplement. Its a gluten free, high fiber,protein product. You can check it out at: http://www.amazinggrains.com/ I replaced 1/3 cup of the flour in this recipe with this supplement. This recipe originally called for 2 cups of flour. You could just use flour instead if you prefer. Montina gave the muffins a bit more bulk and the flavor was excellent. I couldn't include it in the ingredients as recipezaar didn't recognize this product. I baked my muffins in a large muffin tin that holds 6 muffins. When the muffins cooled slightly, I coated them with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. You can also make a glaze out of powdered sugar and water.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking supplement and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the banana, soy milk, lemon extract and oil in the bowl of a mixer and combine until well liquefied.
- Slowly add the flour mixture until blended.
- I found the batter was quite stiff.
- Lightly oil the bottom of the muffin cups and fill each evenly with the batter.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Test each muffin in the middle with a wooden skewer to make sure they are done.
- Remove after they cool for about 5 minutes, baste with some soy milk and roll the tops in the cinnamon sugar or sugar glaze. You could also make a chocolate glaze that would be great on these.
- These are very filling.
- Bon Appetit!