1/1 Photo of Chef Joey's Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
2 hrs 15 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
These are really good tasting cinnamon rolls. I added some currents and roasted pecans to the filling, along with the brown sugar for added flavour and crunch. These would be delicious with a cold glass of soy milk or a cup of tea.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Dough
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package yeast (red star)
- 1/2 cup vegan sugar
- 1 cup soymilk (warmed)
- 3 teaspoons egg substitute (Ener-G)
- 4 tablespoons filtered water (add to egg substitute)
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 4 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the Filling
For the Icing
- 1Mix the yeast, sugar and heated soy milk in a large bowl and let sit until the yeast foams.
- 2Prepare your egg replacer. Mix it with the margarine, flour and salt. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer for this. The dough should be smooth and very stiff.
- 3Set the dough aside, covered in a warm place until its double in bulk.
- 4Once the dough has risen turn it out onto a floured surface cover with a T towel and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- 5While the dough rests, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Set aside.
- 6After 10 minutes roll out the dough on a floured surface. The dough should result in a 16x21 inch rectangle.
- 7Spread the dough with the cinnamon sugar. Spread it evenly with your hand. Add the currants and nuts also.
- 8Starting at one end, roll the dough up and cut into 12 equal pieces using a sharp knife.
- 9Put a piece of parchment on a 9x13 inch baking sheet and place the cut up rolls evenly spaced on the parchment. Cover with the T towel and let rise again for about 30 minutes or until the rolls are about double in size. Preheat your oven to 375'F.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. While the rolls are baking prepare the icing. Beat together the vegan cream cheese, margarine, icing sugar, vanilla and salt. Spread on the warm rolls.
- 11Bon Apetit!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Joey's Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (123 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.7
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 243.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 40.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan cream cheese