Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe at CD kitchens but it wasn't Vegan. So I tweaked it and made it Vegan. Please note that I only included the cooking time for the vanilla pudding in this recipe. I made these this morning and the muffins are so light and delicate. It is best to let them cool thoroughly before piping the pudding inside as they will fall apart easily. I made my own muffins from scratch using the Vegan White Cake Cupcakes recipe 166987 found here on Recipezaar. Also, because you pipe the pudding into the muffin with an cake decorator it makes the top a bit slippery and hard to ice. I made my own vegan chocolate icing for this as opposed to using a can of prepared icing. I included the recipe for the icing in the directions. I used an off set spatula and dipped it in warm water to get the icing to spread. I also used Dr. Oetkers cooked vanilla pudding mix as opposed to the instant variety. I also added a 1/2 package of Kojel gelatin to the hot pudding to get in to set better.
- 1 1⁄4 ounces cups cold non-dairy milk substitute (non-dairy)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 vanilla cupcakes (pre-made or make your own)
- chocolate icing (pre-made or make your own)
- Combine the milk, pudding mix and vanilla in the mixing bowl of a large mixer.
- Beat for about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Place the mixture into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Spoon the vanilla pudding into a pastry bag fitted with a medium plain tip.
- Fill the cupcakes by inserting the tip into the middle of each cupcake and pipe the filling inside. Use about 2 tablespoons per cupcake.
- Frost the cupcakes using the frosting recipe below and then put the cupcakes in the fridge to set.
- FOR THE VEGAN CHOCOLATE FROSTING.
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar.
- 1/4 cup good quality cocoa powder.
- 1/4 cup soy milk.
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine.
- 1 tablespoons light oil.
- 1/2 to 1 cup powdered vegan icing sugar.
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Mix the sugar and cocoa powder in a small saucepan.
- Stir in the soy milk, oil and margarine.
- Heat to boiling and let boil for 3 minutes, sir occasionally.
- When finished, let cool, then add the vanilla and powdered sugar until you reach the desired icing consistency.
- Bon Appetit!