1/1 Photo of Chef Joey's Vegan Boston Creme Muffins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
I found this recipe at CD kitchens but it wasn't Vegan. So I tweaked it and made it Vegan. Please note that I only included the cooking time for the vanilla pudding in this recipe. I made these this morning and the muffins are so light and delicate. It is best to let them cool thoroughly before piping the pudding inside as they will fall apart easily. I made my own muffins from scratch using the Vegan White Cake Cupcakes recipe 166987 found here on Recipezaar. Also, because you pipe the pudding into the muffin with an cake decorator it makes the top a bit slippery and hard to ice. I made my own vegan chocolate icing for this as opposed to using a can of prepared icing. I included the recipe for the icing in the directions. I used an off set spatula and dipped it in warm water to get the icing to spread. I also used Dr. Oetkers cooked vanilla pudding mix as opposed to the instant variety. I also added a 1/2 package of Kojel gelatin to the hot pudding to get in to set better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the milk, pudding mix and vanilla in the mixing bowl of a large mixer.
- 2Beat for about 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3Place the mixture into the fridge for 15 minutes.
- 4Spoon the vanilla pudding into a pastry bag fitted with a medium plain tip.
- 5Fill the cupcakes by inserting the tip into the middle of each cupcake and pipe the filling inside. Use about 2 tablespoons per cupcake.
- 6Frost the cupcakes using the frosting recipe below and then put the cupcakes in the fridge to set.
- 7FOR THE VEGAN CHOCOLATE FROSTING.
- 81/2 cup raw cane sugar.
- 91/4 cup good quality cocoa powder.
- 101/4 cup soy milk.
- 112 tablespoons vegan margarine.
- 121 tablespoons light oil.
- 131/2 to 1 cup powdered vegan icing sugar.
- 141/2 teaspoons vanilla.
- 15Mix the sugar and cocoa powder in a small saucepan.
- 16Stir in the soy milk, oil and margarine.
- 17Heat to boiling and let boil for 3 minutes, sir occasionally.
- 18When finished, let cool, then add the vanilla and powdered sugar until you reach the desired icing consistency.
- 19Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Joey's Vegan Boston Creme Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 34.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 119.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-dairy milk substitute