Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a luscious dessert. A dollop of Vegan Whipped Cream would be a perfect topping.
For the cake
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soft vegan shortening
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons egg substitute (Ener-G)
- 2 tablespoons filtered water (add to egg substitute)
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups sifted spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (non-aluminum)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 2 cups organic blueberries (drained if canned)
For the crumb topping
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached cane sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sifted spelt flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup vegan margarine
- Note: If you use frozen blueberries thaw and drain them also.
- Preheat oven to 375'F.
- Mix together the sugar, shortening, and egg substitute.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry to the wet ingredients.
- Gently add the blueberries last.
- Spread in a 9x9 inch baking dish.
- Prepare the crumb mixture by mixing the ingredients and sprinkling on top of the blueberry cake batter.
- Put in oven and bake!
- Bon Appetit!