Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
I love potatoes, doesn't everyone? I wanted to use up some large yellow taters I had so decided to create a tasty salad. This turned out very nice and the flavours were just right. I think this would be perfect for any picnic or gathering. You can garnish this salad with parsley, or black olives. I sprinkled a little paprika on mine to give it some colour.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (I used Grapeseed Vegenaise)
- 3 lbs yellow potatoes
- 3 dill pickles (cut up fine, I used lemon cucumber pickels I made last year)
- 2 tablespoons dill weed (dried)
- 1 scallion (chopped small)
- 1 teaspoon roasted red pepper (I used the ones in the jar and chopped fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard (I used stone ground)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the potatoes so that all the pieces are the same size. Put them a 6 quart pot and cover with filtered water. Boil until they are tender. Cool completely. Don't add the mayo mixture while this is hot, it will not work out well.
- In the meantime, put your mayo in a bowl and add the chopped pickle, dill weed, scallion, red pepper, cumin, garlic powder, mustard and mustard powder to the mayo.
- I used the grapeseed vegenaise because I like grapseed oil, its very good for you.
- Put the potatoes into a big bowl and gently toss with the mayo mixture.
- Taste it, you should always taste your food before serving. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Taste again to adjust seasonings.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to let the flavours combine.
- Bon Appetit!