1/2 Photos of Chef Joey's Polenta Crust Pizza
1 hr 10 mins
Chef Joey Z.'s Note:
Using ready made polenta makes this pizza easy to prepare. It is also lower in carbs then a regular dough pizza. As with any pizza the toppings are endless, so be creative.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) package polenta (pre-cooked)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (divided)
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup romano cheese (grated)
- 4 slices smoked tempeh (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup prepared spaghetti sauce (You could also use pizza sauce)
- 1/2 cup broccoli, heads (thinly sliced)
- 3 scallions (cut in small slices)
- 1 roasted pepper (I used the the sweet roasted ones in a jar)
- 1 cup goat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1Preheat your oven to 450'F.
- 2Spray a 12 inch pizza pan with oil.
- 3Remove the polenta from its package and drain off the water. Cut it up in pieces and put into the food processor.
- 4Process the polenta. It will be crumbly. Add in the water, arrowroot flour, Italian herbs, garlic powder and 1/4 cup Romano cheese. Process again until a doughy mixture is obtained.
- 5Using a spatula, scoop the polenta onto the oiled pizza pan. Spray your hands with oil and pat the polenta into the pizza pan making sure you get it evenly as possible.
- 6Bake it in your preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- 7While its cooking, cut up your broccoli heads, scallion and pepper.
- 8When the polenta crust is done remove and top with the spaghetti sauce, tempeh, pepper, broccoli and scallions, cheeses and Italian herbs.
- 9Put back into the oven for 25 minutes.
- 10Remove when done, let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 11Bon Appetit!
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chef Joey's Polenta Crust Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.4
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 867.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 113.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: