Using ready made polenta makes this pizza easy to prepare. It is also lower in carbs then a regular dough pizza. As with any pizza the toppings are endless, so be creative.
- 1 (18 ounce) package polenta (pre-cooked)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning (divided)
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup romano cheese (grated)
- 4 slices smoked tempeh (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup prepared spaghetti sauce (You could also use pizza sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli, heads (thinly sliced)
- 3 scallions (cut in small slices)
- 1 roasted pepper (I used the the sweet roasted ones in a jar)
- 1 cup goat mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- Preheat your oven to 450'F.
- Spray a 12 inch pizza pan with oil.
- Remove the polenta from its package and drain off the water. Cut it up in pieces and put into the food processor.
- Process the polenta. It will be crumbly. Add in the water, arrowroot flour, Italian herbs, garlic powder and 1/4 cup Romano cheese. Process again until a doughy mixture is obtained.
- Using a spatula, scoop the polenta onto the oiled pizza pan. Spray your hands with oil and pat the polenta into the pizza pan making sure you get it evenly as possible.
- Bake it in your preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- While its cooking, cut up your broccoli heads, scallion and pepper.
- When the polenta crust is done remove and top with the spaghetti sauce, tempeh, pepper, broccoli and scallions, cheeses and Italian herbs.
- Put back into the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove when done, let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Bon Appetit!