I love this bread, it's easy to make. It is soft on the inside and crusty on the outside.
Make and share this Chef Joey's Organic Multi-Grain Bread recipe from Food.com.
- In a big bowl mix together the flours, sea salt and yeast.
- I used a whisk to incorporate the dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour the water and oil into the well.
- Using a wooden bread spoon mix the dry and wet ingredients together. This will be a bit sticky.
- Flour your counter surface now, don't wait until your hands are sticky with dough.
- With well floured hands turn the dough out onto the floured surface and knead it for 4-10 minutes adding a dusting of flour onto the counter surface as needed.
- When the dough has an elastic consistency its ready to rise.
- Prepare a bowl by rubbing it well with olive oil and place the bread dough into the bowl moving it around so the oil coats the dough.
- Cover with a damp towel and set in a warm place for about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- I live at 5,000 feet, so usually 1 hour is adequate at this altitude.
- Once the dough has risen to about twice its size remove it onto a floured surface and punch it down to get the air bubbles all out.
- Divide the dough into two equal rounds and place in two lightly oiled pans. I used 2 round cake pans.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Set the pans covered with the damp cloth in a warm place for about 20 minutes.
- Brush the top of the loaves with a little vegan margarine and sprinkle with caraway seeds.
- The above step is optional, but makes for a nice finish on the loaves.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- For a crispy crust toss 1/2 cup water on the bottom coils of the oven.
- Cool on wire racks and serve with vegan margarine.
- Bon Appetit.